See, Hear, Taste, Touch 2014
ATTENTION FEMALE PLAYWRIGHTS!
We are currently accepting submissions of one-act plays to be oerformed in 2 evenings of staged readings for our “See, Hear Taste, Touch” series which will be held March 2014 in New York City.
This “See, Hear, Taste, Touch” program will be a celebration of female artists and their work; so, our criteria for submission to the project is as follows: original work by female playwrights.
Submission packet must include:
• A 5-12 page long play (should be 15 minutes max) with an optimum cast size of 2-6 people. The submitted script must be the script proposed for presentation, with no major alterations necessary and be production ready.
• A Submissions inquiry letter (one page only) which must include:
• Brief history of the work
• Cast size & character breakdown
• Synopsis of the piece (any genre)
All submissions must be submitted electronically to our submissions department: MDGSubmissions@moderndaygriot.org.
The deadline for submissions is January 24, 2014, 6pm EST and the final line-up will be announced in February 2014. Only one entry per playwright will be accepted. You will be contacted should we wish to invite participation to See, Hear, Taste, Touch program. Neither fax nor paper submissions will be accepted and absolutely NO phone calls.
Please note that due to high volume of inquiries, response time is usually 3-6 weeks and while Modern-Day Griot Theatre Company cannot offer royalties we can offer a production opportunity.